There are no less than 83 flavours that can be encountered when tasting Comté. As you can see on the wheel on the left, we’ve made recognising them as easy as possible by grouping them into six aromatic families: milk, fruit, roasted, plant, animal and spice.
Flavours aren’t the only delicious element of Comté. Because of its ability to melt easily it can be added to all sorts of mouth watering recipes and not just saved for the cheese board. And it’s perfect served with a variety of palate pleasing wines too, in particular beautifully crisp, dry white wines or medium-dry sherries.
Recipe of the month
Pink Comté Salad with apple, beetroot and raspberriesRead more »
- Pink Comté Salad with apple, beetroot and raspberries
- Comté and soft onion omelette cakes
- Luxury Comté on toast bites
- 16 month Comté with Truffle honey served on Charcoal crackers
- Stuffed tomatoes with Comté
- Comté and Orange Zest
- Comté and Champagne
- Comté & Prosciutto Skewers
- Comté, Caramelised Onion & Tomato Tarts
- Comté Carpaccio with Walnut Oil